[jhb_airlines] Re: PCI

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:52:54 +0100

I will be keeping the PCI software installed but suggest the Wed. session
there is not continued.

I would agree with Mike and Gerry and believe that for VFR it is not
practical.  Instead I think we should manage fly-ins as was done on Tuesday.
Perhaps rotating focus between the strips staffed by JHB members.

For me, the question is do we add to the Tuesday UK online night, set up JHB
fly-ins to replace the Wednesday PCI sessions, do both or neither?

I am aware some JHB members have yet to establish themselves on IVAO but I
see that as a short term issue and one that is, compared to FPI/PCI,
relatively easily resolved.  I also recognise there is a learning curve for
several of us but I'm confident we can cope.  I have to admit, I've been
putting off the learning bit but I really ought to knuckle downso I can get
the pilots L1 exam out of the way. Having said that, referencing the manual
several times over to trouble shoot problems that have occurred amongst our
crews is doing some of the learning so perhaps I shouldn't be so hard on
myself.