[jhb_airlines] Re: PCI

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:27:28 +0100

I'll remove all the PCI stuff from mine, in the morning.

John, I couldn't contact you at EGNS tonight. If you want traffic at EGDD just shout. Course I'm qiite deaf, so you'll need to email that you're shouting.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

Well, just as you are forced to reinstall PCI software, I am removing it. This evening's session convinced me that the lag is totally unacceptable.

I joined Paul at LFLL and, within 10 minutes, I was seeing at least 2 minutes lag in his position - and he and I were the only aircraft at LFLL. (And only one other aircraft in the session, but Frec was some distance away). I re-joined Paul at LFLU no more than half an hour later and I was seeing lag of 5 minutes - again with only the two of us around.

Having seen last night how well IvAp copes with a lot more traffic, I really don't see any point in sticking with PCI. I can live without a second voice channel, and I reckon the "JHB Club" evenings on Wednesdays could either re-develop on FSHost or along the lines that we enjoyed last night around EGNS.

Mike L

bones wrote:

Stupid PCI software. Removing the PCF pilot software has resulted in it
zapping the DLL's needed for the controller software so I'll have to
reinstall PCC5..

http://fsaviation.net