[jhb_airlines] Re: PCF Fleet

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 02:15:44 +0100

This link is now defunct. Is it possible to send a copy of PCF-JHB.zip direct under "plain wrapper"

Thanks

Kev T

At 06:30 9/20/2006, you wrote:
For now this is finished as I think it unfair to keep adding aircraft to the
file which everyone is then obliged to download. This is the daft thing
about AI in a way - the only person who doesn't need the aircraft is the one
who is selecting it in his PCF flight plan. Everyone else needs it otherwise
they see the default AI C172.

Anyway the file is available at
http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/jhb/OnLine/JHB_AI_Repaints.htm again. It
has all the originals plus the B737-800 and A340-300. I've tweaked some of
the earlier bitmaps and cfg files too so it's worth getting the file again
so everyone has the same data.

The AI A340 isn't too bad to fly (I know you should fly AI models but I am
always amused to see what they do) but it's almost impossible to land
because it develops a stupidly high nose up attitude once you get below
200kts.

The original set released by Timo for JHB - the airbus fleet, AT72, B732,
B744 and B773 - all have slightly duff aircraft.cfg files. It's not enough
to stop you using them but they appear in the flight plan listing in a messy
fashion. I've rewritten these and will email them to anyone interested in
updating their files. The problem is that if Timo releases a new aircraft
set (as I am sure he will) the installation will wipe out any tweaks we
make.

http://fsaviation.net