[jhb_airlines] Re: PC Problem

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:15:37 -0000

I'm loking for theories; better still, solutions!
I connected my SmartCard reader to a USB port, yesterday, in the way I always
do. On
opening the I drive, where the reader is to be found, I got a message that the
card
needed reformatting. Clearly it doesn't, since the camera can display what's on
it. I put
in all of my cards, with the same response. Since one only contained a couple
of old
shots, I opted for a reformat. Back came the message that it couldn't do it.
When I went to the XP icon for "safely remove equipment", again my normal
practice, it
said it couldn't be removed. To eliminate a cable problem I connected the
driver directly
to the normal USB Hub slot. No better. I connected it to one of the mobo slots.
Same
reaction. I got my son to connect it to his machine. No problem, he could view
the shots
on his PC. Next I trie to access the card via the Camedia software's option to
load from
an external source. Same proble.

Any ideas greatfully received.

Gerry Winskill