[jhb_airlines] Re: PC Problem

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:35:59 -0000

I'll have to pass on the source of the problem as I can only speculate.

I loather autoinstallers too. They are great for idiots who don't know =
how
to copy files to their system but their downside is that they don't tell =
us
PC savvy users what the heck they are doing. To be honest they could be
copying anything onto our systems.

I wouldn't cross out any of the suspects either as I have also found =
weird
behaviour with devices after installing some totally innocent and =
unrelated
software. Installing a paint program once stopped the PC from booting =
up.

A current annoying quirk on my system is that every time I start FS2004 =
it
tries to connect online. I thought it was ActiveSky but the truth is =
even
stranger. It tries to connect to an IP Address at 217.23.163.130. This, =
very
strangely, is an Internet company that operates not half a mile from me
(Domicilum) and I didn't know they existed. Why FS tries to connect to =
their
web site I have no idea. I've searched for both the IP Address and the =
URL
in my FS files but nothing is found. I might look at the Registry next =
as it
always happens on FS boot up..

Glad to see someone else hit by the equals bug.. <g>