[jhb_airlines] Re: PC Problem

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:43:05 -0000

SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

All attempts at a logical approach having failed, I did a System Restore, =
to the point I'd
made when the CD was last known to have worked; after installing the repla=
cement
graphics card. After initial extreme panic, when I finished up with three =
bright but blank
screens, the bootup eventually completed.
A quick check and the CD drive was back to normal. Another check and the C=
ard
Reader now works, so I copied the latest crop onto the PC. Which was just =
as well.
Trying son's camera USB connector failed to find the camera. Then found th=
e only
camera menu available was Reformat Card. Once done and the camera worked a=
gain
but it wa a good job I copied them to the HD before trying to connect. My =
assumption
that all camera USB connectors must use the same pin convention was obviou=
sly a bit
na=EFve!
 So, what caused the problem? Post restore I only have three clues. AVG v7=
 Free is no
longer on, nor is the latest Acrobat Reader and loading the F100 produces =
all sorts of
dire warnings, before it loads, as normal. All have the dreaded auto insta=
l routines.
Where possible I get round them but it's often not possible.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx