[jhb_airlines] Re: PC Problem

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:33:36 -0000

Thanks for the offer but just tried that route, with the cable from my son's
Cannon. He
wondered whether that not solving the problem might be caused by different pin
assignments but I'd have thought the camera manufacturers would be working to
the
same convention?

Awoke in theory mode.
Since it can't open my CD drive either, though that drive will play an audio
CD, the card
reader, camera with card inside and the CD drive are all storage devices, so
perhaps it's
started to ignore external storage devices? To test it, I looked to see whether
it could
explore a DVD; which plays OK, still. It can, so that's the end of the theory.
Back to the drawing board, next move being to take out the CD drive and try it
in son's
machine.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx