[jhb_airlines] PC Pilot

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:02:43 +0100

All

The latest version of PCPilot is available (September/October).

Inside, is an article by a member of the team, who was invited to the Aces Studios, Redmond, to spend time looking at FSX, and how it is developed etc.

Reading his review, makes me want to make an advance order for FSX De Luxe right now.

I won't spoil it for those who get the mag, but surfice to say, that FSX is a whole new ball game.

They have listened to the thousands of critics and suggestions made. It will be 10 times better all round (FSTerrain and ActiveSky, will be redundant).

If I read it correctly, you will not be flying from scenery area to scenery area via fill in BMPs, but through one of 23 regions. Each region accurately reflecting the real world.

And the interactivity will be boundless.

The one point I really noted, was the shared cockpit in the shared skies multiplayer mode.

Either a ripoff, of Vistamares FSNet, or they have been bought out.

Also the new sound module, 5:1 dolby digital, separate sounds for speakers and phones.

I could go on.

Just going to download the multiplayer video.

www.pcpilot.net/download/sharedshies.zip

and have a look at it.