[jhb_airlines] Re: PASSWORD FOR CONNECTION TO ATC CONTROLLER

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:20:36 +0000

Does anyone know what's wrong with John?

I guess everyone sees things in a different light and my opinion is that the loss of ATC coverage starts the ball rolling and pilot attendance drops as a result of this. UK ATC is only effective with at least three controllers online and ideally four - one for Centre and three for airfields. If we don't provide a three point event then it's boring for the pilots and so the count goes down. The loss of John has been a severe blow as he was a constant presence on all our sessions - an anchor for our toehold in providing good ATC. With numbers decaying the sessions collapse rather rapidly. There is a second problem in that Pilot Club are not overly enthusiastic about ATC. Controllers don't get any points for being online but, without them, the server is just a vast multiplayer session. I think this a great pity.. bones

        Date: 16/12/2006 17:39