[jhb_airlines] Re: PASSWORD FOR CONNECTION TO ATC CONTROLLER

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:23:57 -0000

I guess everyone sees things in a different light and my opinion is that the
loss of ATC coverage starts the ball rolling and pilot attendance drops as a
result of this.

UK ATC is only effective with at least three controllers online and ideally
four - one for Centre and three for airfields. If we don't provide a three
point event then it's boring for the pilots and so the count goes down. The
loss of John has been a severe blow as he was a constant presence on all our
sessions - an anchor for our toehold in providing good ATC. With numbers
decaying the sessions collapse rather rapidly.

There is a second problem in that Pilot Club are not overly enthusiastic
about ATC. Controllers don't get any points for being online but, without
them, the server is just a vast multiplayer session. I think this a great
pity..