[jhb_airlines] Overlooked

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:25:05 +0000

With theGenx Vol 3 patch out I'm waiting for the emergence of their promised night textures. Which disturbed my lethargic grey cells. Presumably the lights will follow the VFR compatible roads, etc. But in the dark we've no idea whether the scenery over which we fly is compatible or not. In FS9 it's just too easy to switch off the VFR GM, particularly when in AIO form. I just copied my existing Scenery.cfg file into a storage folder called Night. Just one change of entry, from True to False and night time scenery should be in place. Just moved the existing file into a folder called DAY and used the night one instead.

I took off from Ronaldsway, for a dusk tour of the Island. Brilliant. I've never looked at the Default version of the Island, well not since about FS98. In FS9 the roads are acceptably located. Perhaps a bit too much traffic on them but the Mountain Road drops down into Ramsey in reasonable shape and I can see Lezayre Road leaving the twinkling town lights. If I ignore the odd house lights in uninhabited areas it's quite bearable and a pleasant change.

Bearing in mind the bit about all cats in the dark, etc, then I'm not sure I need to switch to FSX for any night flying....