[jhb_airlines] Re: Ouch

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 16:05:06 -0000

Alex
I was thinking of trying one of my Linux distros, to see if I could repair the
partition (part 1 on drive 1,part 2 okay).
Managed to install XP on 2, but it set me up as an user account and wanting a
password to access, needless to say I did not have said password.

Partition 1 is knackered, with recovery console and scandisk coming to a halt.

Definitely bad clusters at the beginning of the drive. Back in the days of dos
and Fat, no problem to recover, but with NTFS, you are stuffed.

Frank