[jhb_airlines] Oppressed

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:41:08 +0000

I always say "never again", then ignore the resolution.
I purchased GS's Stansted extreme. First adverse reaction is to the unavoidable install routine, when I wanted to avoid such rubbish on the new machine. Next it criticises the fact that I managed to get around this with FS9, so the routine doesn't like the fact that there's no Registry entry, which is why I fiddled my way around it! Next I have to let it connect to the net, then input the Key with which I was provided, at download and payment time. All that does is to trigger the sending to me of an emailed Activation Code, which I will have to input. This will be emailed immediately. Forty minutes on and no sign. If it doesn't arrive I'm instructed to contact UK2000 Support.

I have to pinch myself. I have actually paid for this, so why should I have to be so inconvenienced? I know it's to combat privacy but, naieve as I am, I thought the customer came first. Next time I'll pay extra and order a CD.

gRRRRRRR.