[jhb_airlines] Re: Operating Systems

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:36:47 +0100

Yes it does - very well!

<http://www.skype.com/download/skype/macosx/>

On 10/9/2006 20:14:33, Bones (bones@xxxxxxx) wrote: > Does Skype run on Macs? > > bones > > -----Original Message----- > From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > [mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mr Winskill > Sent: 09 October 2006 20:53 > To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Operating Systems > > > I know virtually nothing about Macs, so > couldn't dispute what my daughter > was telling me, in an expensive call to Madrid. To avoid horrendous bills I > suggested she download RW and I'd > tell her how to contact her mother using > the no cost route. As is the way with the non Luddite generation, she > located the download site, whilst I was talking. At which point she said > it > was no use since it wasn't for Mac; though there's apparently a Beta > Mac > version with a warning about its use. > > I > hadn't really thought about operating systems. None of the progs I > download seem to offer alternate versions? > > Another surprise came when, since she's > using a Telefonica wireless setup at > home, I asked what firewall she is using. She said their IT chap had said > they aren't required on Mac machines, since it can't be attacked by > viruses. > Seems a bit idealistic but what do I know! >