[jhb_airlines] Re: Operating Systems

  • From: Mr Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 19:53:14 BST

I know virtually nothing about Macs, so couldn't dispute what my daughter  was
telling me, in an expensive call to Madrid. To avoid horrendous bills I
suggested she download RW and I'd tell her how to contact her mother using the
no cost route. As is the way with the non Luddite generation, she located the
download site, whilst I was talking. At which point she said it was no use
since it wasn't for Mac; though there's apparently a Beta Mac version with a
warning about its use.

I hadn't really thought about operating systems. None of the progs I download
seem to offer alternate versions?

Another surprise came when, since she's using a Telefonica wireless setup at
home, I asked what firewall she is using. She said their IT chap had said they
aren't required on Mac machines, since it can't be attacked by viruses. Seems a
bit idealistic but what do I know!

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net