[jhb_airlines] Re: Online flight/IVAO/Stuff

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:35 +0100 (BST)

Interest observations re vatsim Alex.
In my youth I drove across the Nullarbor plain in South Australia. "000
miles of dirt road and only a very few sparse settlements, water and fuel.
Of the dozen or so vehicles that I met on each of the 3 days it took,
everyone waved a big cheery wave, and you waved back.  Crossing the
Nullarbor was a community experience.  40 years on, it is a major sealed
motorway style road and the hundreds of vehicles a day scarcely even look
at each other, so i'm told.

Vatsim is busy and, as Bones has already said, conbtrollers can be under
a lot of pressure.  Only the dedicated will enjoy that environment.  IVAO
if it is more relaxed, the rules are less strict, less lifelike, will
demand less of members, and so will attract more members.  I do intend to
join IVAO to compare the difference, but I do enjoy Vatsim it has to be
said.

Just got back from RIAT - the weather was amazing: - Friday 24 hours rain
Saturday 24 hours sun, today 24 hours rain. We only had to queue 1.5
hours too!  Best aerobatic team at the show.  My money is on the Italians
for sheer flair and showmanship, but only by a whisker from the Red
Arrows. Most amazing sight? Two aircraft in line astern barely 10 feet
apart.  Makers of most smoke?  The Italians by a dozen canisers-full!
All the cows for miles around are now red white and green!  Great day
out..