[jhb_airlines] Re: Online flight/IVAO/Stuff

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:36:58 +0100

But is thre not a compromise position where the basic model of each type is
active with any repaint downloaded but stored outside the FS structure then,
as you approach the trigger distance, the additional textures copied to the
Aircraft directory and becoming active.  This could even be refined so that
the less common types are not copied to become active until required.

The pre-download would allieviate the bandwidth issue.