[jhb_airlines] Re: Online flight/IVAO/Stuff

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:19 +0100 (BST)

For Pilots, there's all the PCI AI aircraft to remove as well.  You may
find FS loading times increase remarkably once they are removed - I did.

Having installed the MTL library default aircraft only, not the full list,
I have just counted 198 of them in my FS Aircraft Folder.  To me that is
ridiculous and I will be reducing the list to about 10 before much longer.
What would be better, if it could be done, would be for all the aircraft
to be kept on an international server and only downloaded to a client PC
when that aircraft becomes, say within 10 miles, and is then deleted on
closedown. Unlike scenery (I think), you can install aircraft in FS while
the sim is running and change parameters - I do it when building panels
etc.

Peter