[jhb_airlines] Re: Online flight/IVAO/Stuff

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:14:31 +0100

Alex
I gave IVAO a go earlier in the week.
EGMH-EGTO, used an EGTT controller, who incidently was French, and was living close to a French airport, sorry, do not recall the name at the moment. Did a lot of chat via text, as his voice sounded a bit woolly for me,(my hearing tests show me bottom lining, in both ears, in fact I find using headphones for online and watching tv to be a requisit).
Seemed to be a friendly chap, gave me the time, I was his only contact.
As far as Vatsim goes, I too find it a bit daunting, too much red tape.
I prefer to plug in and go, with a bit of chat on the way.