[jhb_airlines] Re: Online Flight

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:12 +0100 (BST)

I think you've summed it up pretty well, John.  The only point I would
disagree on is re VFR traffic.  VFR on Vatsim UK is growing and several
airports now open with significant VFR traffic, and they do handle the
VFR traffic correctly, because they are getting used to it.  I was
listening in at Birmingham last night and the controller made a couple of
very minor errors with a GA aircraft he was handling, compared with what
I am used to at Liverpool anyway, but that was all.

My main theme really when putting vatsim forward as an option in this
debate, is that our club is just like JHB, friendly, almost a family,
doing our own thing, going off somewhere together, or just bumbling
around the local area as we choose, just like JHB, but all within the
vatsim umbrella.  This is possible because we selected two bases with
controllers who know us.  They also know that we bring new pilots in on a
regular basis, so they treat them gently (!).

Peter