[jhb_airlines] Re: Old PC Blues

  • From: Mike Nicholls <miken5000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:23:44 +0000 (GMT)

The same goes for lap tops
A little while ago my lap stop started mis-behaving, coming up with "out of
memory " messages after I had been flying flight sim for about 30 mins. I took
it to be that the cashe was not emptying or something, so I got into the habit
of saving the position at regular intervals - I then realised that one of the
fans underneath appeared never to come on, worked out the lap top was running
hot, and the problem was a dead fan
The fixer guy checked it out, and e-mailed me a picture of the three heat
sinks, which were hidden by four years of fluff, grime etc etc. Having totally
cleaned them, the problem has never come back
Again, now utterly error free
Mike