[jhb_airlines] Re: Old PC Blues

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:59:19 +0100

With regard to the old PC, I'm sure you jinxed me, over the last couple of
days my second PC started playing up in the same way!

I've just had it stripped down and a thorough clean through inside was
needed.  The cooling fans had gathered quite a bit of dirt obviously
impacting on cooling.  I keep an old shaving brush in my PC maintenance
toolbox for cleaning such things.  A small can of compressed air (available
in any good PC supply shop) also comes in handy.

If you're looking to do the same, don't forget to clean any cooling fans on
the graphics card too, they're easy to overlook.

It's now back together and up and running and, so far, as quiet as a lamb
and no errors.