[jhb_airlines] Re: Old PC Blues

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:49:54 +0100

It sounds exactly like the one I've replaced!
To make room in the cupboard for it, I've had to evict its predecessor, to the bin.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
Power supplies cost 40 quid, memory cards about the same, fans about 8
quid. It starts to add up to "Bin it and buy a working second hand one
from Ebay for 75 quid" If you want a standby.

Alternatively, if you want to stand the freight (about £20.00) or arrange
collection from Chester or Liverpool Airport by someone coming over, I
will have a fully working spare machine going begging very soon. It has 2
x 80Gb HDs 2Gb Ram a GEForce 7600 graphics card,  Windows XP and
LinuxPCOS installed. It will run FS, but tends to overheat, so i normally
run FS with the back off. It is my experimental machine, but I no longer
have space for it. It could be yours for nowt - and you know what
Yorkshiremen say about nowt!