[jhb_airlines] Re: Off Topic

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:59:30 +0100

The Win XP firewall sounds like more trouble than it's worth. One of my PCs has XP and I turned it off. I use Outpost as my firewall, and network (LAN) traffic is permitted simply by allowing Netbios - no fiddling around with individual low-level applications like spoolsrv or svchost.

Mike L

Paul Reynolds wrote:
For the printer I think it's spoolsv.exe in your windows\system32 directory,
well it is on mine anyway.

I also have to allow svhost.exe in the same directory for some network
applications to access the net.