[jhb_airlines] Re: Off Topic

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 05:32:07 EDT

In a message dated 28/10/2006 09:52:58 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

I don't  know whether it's cause and effect but I can't now access the
printer from  the new machine. Nor can I access either PC from the other.
One other  weird effect is that  during the course of Wednesday night's
event, I  got several requests to reconnect popping up on the old
machine. Odd,  since it was still running both Thunderbird and Servinfo.
Narrowing it  down a bit, if I then tried to access Yahoo it did so
immediately but when  I tried to access the GoFlight site I could only do
it if I did press the  reconnect button.

This network lark has opened up a whole new area.  Like a Black Hole is
an "area".

Gerry,

I got something similar recently, I found somehow my XP Firewall which had
been off for ages (since the router arrived) suddenly came on again and started
 blocking network traffic. I've now told it that its ok to allow access from
the  internal network, this cured the problem, but now every time I switch on
I get a  warning message, which is a pain.

Frank T.