[jhb_airlines] Oddbits

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 04:27:03 +0100

Two things.

I've had a reply back from Andy and he confirms there were server
problems with FPI on Tuesday night. He says the server tweaking is still
going on and these faults will eventually be eliminated.

On another note Andy has a request. If you are flying in FPI and then
knock off for lunch/dinner/supper please remember to log out of the FPI
server. The logs are showing some pilots on line for really long hours
and when he tries to contact them on voice there is no reply. I must
admit I am guilty of this as I just checked my records on the FPI pages
and I have one session of 21 hours! He has warned me that pilots with
silly daily totals will get a warning about misuse of the servers and
will be dropped if they don't mend their ways.

I have also had a very nice email from Rick Piper regarding his superb
Chipmunk. He has just uploaded an update for the aircraft which fixes a
couple of snags but it also includes files that make it work in FS2002.
He's also sending me a paintkit to make a proper repaint of the
aircraft. If I get a good photo of G-BARS I will do a proper job of it
and upload the textures to my web site. I have also written to Andrew
Herd at Flightsim to see if he can do the write up for the aircraft.

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net