[jhb_airlines] Re: OT Security Alert - Sony music CDs

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:12:37 -0000

The brown stuff seems to have hit the prop though - Sony are removing this
software. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4430608.stm

Now that this rootkit has opened a part of Windows to hacking and a virus
has already been detected that makes use of this vulnerability I suspect
Sony are in deep trouble. I know there are lawsuits already under way from
disgruntled users but I bet Microsoft aren't too pleased either.

Mike Lin's website is at www.mlin.net