[jhb_airlines] Re: OT Security Alert - Sony music CDs

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:47:23 -0000

Having had time to read through Mark Russinovich, the DRM software
re-directs service calls to it's own software.  In order to do this it
needed to include pointers to the software within the registry.

I'm always suspicious of any software that writes to the registry without my
knowing and therefore have Mike Lin's Startup Monitor and Control Panel
installed on all of my machines.  Should a programme attempt to change the
registry, startup monitor will warn you and ask if it's ok.  Answer yes and
it'll allow the change, answer no and the re-write will be dumped.  Useful
for protecting against all sorts of intrusions.

Mike Lin's website is at www.mlin.net