[jhb_airlines] Re: OT; Printers

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:37:55 +0100

Gerry
A photo printer is great for printing out the odd photo, especially any special ones (blown up, cropped or generally tyedid up).

I assume that you referring to a dedicated photo printer, rather than an A4 model.

But for print runs, you cannot beat the price and quality of a digital photo lab.
You can easily have runs of 100 for less than £20, abeit 6*4's, but labs now have cottoned on to the fact that digital photos have a different format, and am now printing to that. Boots used to crop the top and bottom ugh.

Also online photo labs are great, just upload your prints, and a few days later they come back in the post, no fuss no hassle, they will also do any specials for you.

I have an Epson Stylus A4 Photo printer wilh roll print facility and a smart card input, stopped using it as it was too expensive for runs of plus 10, fine for 8*10's blowups, collages and one off specials. Only use online labs now for those 50+ photos of the Grandchildren.