[jhb_airlines] OT - NHS have let me home!

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:53:45 -0000

The New Hitler Squad, as I have named them through getting to know them
better having spent almost no time in their care previously, have dained to
let me out for the week-end.  Their "tests" to date have led to a conclusion
that my ill health is related to the fact I'm diabetic.  OK so it doesn't
help that I live in the obesity capital of the UK and happen to be
clinically obese (all of 2 lb's off of being merely overweight).

It looks as though I now have to go to the out-patients clinic every day for
the next millenia (well, two weeks actually) for further "monitoring". I've
told them if they want I'll print them photographs so they can see me
whenever their hearts desire but they say only a personal appearance is good
enough.

Seriously though, I'm still not 100% and they only allowed me home if I
promise to maintain blood sugar checks every eight hours and follow a strict
dietary plan.  Not quiet bugs bunny mode but it feels like it.  I'm gonna
have to find a tasty way of healthy eating...