[jhb_airlines] Re: OT: Marathon

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:21:16 -0000

A nice little treasure.

What's the detail like on it?

From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gwinsk@xxxxxxx
Sent: 11 December 2004 22:03
To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: OT: Marathon

Your reference to a place you can't spell has jogged my memory. I've now
searched=20
through the bits on my shelves asnd found it; a map, on a piece of silk,
given to aircrew,=20
in case they needed to find their way acros the P...whatever, to get to
neutral Spain. Any=20
idea that it has great sentimental value, having come down to me from a
relative who=20
flew in Bomber Command, would be slightly wide of the mark. I think =
SWMBO's
uncle=20
bought it, from the local Mart, before nostalgia gave such items any =
value.
Just thought I'd add to the vast store of useless information, to which =
this
list is the=20
curator.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

On 11 Dec 2004 at 20:32, Bones wrote:

> I thought you would have got this out of your system after the trek =
=3D=20
> across the Pyrenn.. the Piren... them hills between Spain and France.. =

> <vbg>
>=20
> bones
>=20