[jhb_airlines] Re: OT: Marathon

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:02:48 -0000

Your reference to a place you can't spell has jogged my memory. I've now
searched
through the bits on my shelves asnd found it; a map, on a piece of silk, given
to aircrew,
in case they needed to find their way acros the P...whatever, to get to neutral
Spain. Any
idea that it has great sentimental value, having come down to me from a
relative who
flew in Bomber Command, would be slightly wide of the mark. I think SWMBO's
uncle
bought it, from the local Mart, before nostalgia gave such items any value.
Just thought I'd add to the vast store of useless information, to which this
list is the
curator.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx