[jhb_airlines] OT: Lenses

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:20:30 +0000

Son is intending to buy a Nikon digital SLR at some stage. He decided that a second hand Nikon film SLR package might be a good route to lenses, since he reckons the AF lenses are interchangeable between film and digital Nikons.
For reasons that escape me, he's found it difficult to resist buyin the film version F80, without lenses, since ho got it, via Ebay, for only £80.
I guess this means that whatever Nikpn compatible AF lenses he buys will fit this one, plus the digital SLR Nikon that he intends to buy...............

The good new is that at least we now have an avenue to be explored, when Christmas present time is upon us.
A quick net trawl suggests lenses from suppliers other than Nikon are a better buy. Anyone with experience of doing this and able to give me a few ideas?