[jhb_airlines] Re: OT Digital camera modes

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:28:45 +0100

If you go to the Photoshop Elements site there's an update that provides for downloading D80 Camera Raw. I use it. I mainly use PE's Quick Fix page, which is very good for improving shots. Sadly the Burn tool, for improving overexposed skies, isn't on of the Quick Fix's features.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

Interesting article so thanks for the pointer.

I don't use RAW on the Nikon. I would - but Nikon's RAW format is tied to
their software and you are stuffed if you want to use your normal editing
tools. All I can do with RAW images is look at them on the PC and I have to
buy software to edit the images - which I rightly object to since I have
about six regular editing programs already on the PC.