[jhb_airlines] OT - Boring - Train Sets

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:01:22 +0000

Know I know there are a few in here so no hiding.

I fancy being really boring and buying a small train set to while away the hours when I'm not sat in front of a flipping PC screen (that'll be about 2 a week then ;) ) I want something British, nothing old (steam trains don't interest me) probably Diesel Electric (trains not U-Boats) 60's/70's/80's British rail stuff (the blue 'uns!)

As you may tell I know nothing about this particular "hobby" so I was wondering if we had any boring old men on here who wouldn't mind helping out with where to get started, what gauge...where do I get me bits?! how much I'd expect to spend on an initial set....can you crash them? and other important questions.

Cheers <G>

Alex