[jhb_airlines] Re: Not So Bleak Monday

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:47:37 +0100

Thanks for turning out folks. I gather you could hear me, on RW, but I could only just make out the incoming drivel, sorry, intelligence. That despite my headphones being on max. Had no trouble hearing engine etc so not the 'phones themselves.
When on the ground I kept sliding backwards. The rest of you were floating.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

If I can coax this machine into continuing to run and if no-one arrives after SWMBO has left for her first choir practice, I'll try to log onto Rory's server this evening. I'll be aiming to fly into Rosemarket farm strip 6 miles South of Haverfordwest, in Pembs.

If anyone is tempted to try to join in, I'll look forward to seeing how you appear, on my TripleHead setup.

Since, like Bones, I found TeamSpeak to have odd effects on my system, I'll use Chatscreen, though I've tried to set up RW on 83.218.30.96. It's been so long since I used the Shetland Flyer, and RW, that anyone tepted to join may well find himself in a vacuum.

Just in case, Rosemarket is at N51 44 67 W04 58 02. Active rwy is 26 and there is a gradual upslope West to East.

The scenery is interesting, with three refineries and Shep's jetties and great Autogen trees. For anyone who's installed them, that is.

If anyone turns up and I'm not there, my ploy of closing the curtains and switching off the bell, after SWMBO leaves, will have failed

For anyone navigationally challenged, it has an NDB on 884.6. Beware, Capeston Farm is but 5 miles to the West.

Hoping to be there and if anyone else arrives I'll be pleasantly surprised