[jhb_airlines] Norway

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:04:33 -0000

A great night last night with Norway being an attractive choice for the
evening's session. High ground, steep approaches and even the Northern
Lights turned out for some people. Add to this some really nasty wind sheer
on final to 19 at Tromso and it made a very exciting night.

It was nice to join up with other controllers and Frank Petersen at Bodo
Centre was delighted to have some traffic to play with. Flight of the night
was D-AJAN who flew from ENAT to ENTC in a JU52 that took him HOURS.. <vbg>
Highlight of the night (for me) was Steve Tape flying from Tromso to Alta in
the new Argosy and suffering a double engine failure. He got back OK but I
had to steer him down a fiord to avoid the high ground around him. Luckily
our radar isn't blocked by the hills as in real life otherwise it would have
been a disaster - he was IMC and losing two engine had also knocked out some
of his electrics and hydraulics (gear worked but not flaps). All in all he
did a very good job to get it back on the ground.

Thanks to everyone who joined in - and my sympathy to Ernie who logged in
but couldn't get FS to work properly.

http://fsaviation.net