[jhb_airlines] Re: Nice trip

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:59:47 +0000

That rings a bell.
I remember reading a planning application, a few months ago, for a helicopter pad and hangar, in that area. I'd narrowed the possibillities down to two "farms", on which money seemed to have been poured over the past three years. At that time Google was no use but GenX should show it. I'll try to spot the name, next time I pass. I'm always curious about the Hemmings chopper. He lives at Ballavoden, between here and Andreas. We see it pass most days, between here and Blackpool. Which makes me think he must have been able to obtain a dispensation to arrive only via Ronaldsway. A few years ago another resident in the area was heavilly fined for routing direct to Andreas, I think after EGNS had closed for the night.

According to Pocket FMS it is here:
It was between the coast road and the TT course, slightly north of Cronk Y Voddey. From the OS map it's a farm called Stockfield (or nearby). It's here I wish Google Earth had better IoM photo resolution. You may see it better in FSX! bones