[jhb_airlines] Re: Next VFR Trip

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:28:17 +0100

PC as in Politically Correct..........forget it, my head's aching already.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
Sorry Gerry - you'll have to explain that one.

Peter

*From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
*To:* jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Date:* Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:14:52 +0100

Isn't it more likely to be PC driven?????????????

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
One of the Cix VFR members was at Carlisle to watch it do a fly by there on its way up to Leuchars on that very day. It was because they have one "in"
their museum.

I went to Popham and Blackbushe in Farnborough week this year and met a B4 Stealth bomber and the Red Arrows coming the other way as we headed north back to Liverpool from BB. The B4 was at a similar height and heading I thought we'd be asked to change course but it was he who gave way to us.

Talking of Black things, Blackpool have started asking VFR pilots to "report passing the tall tower" when going north up the coast. I suppose if they said "report passing Blackpool tower" they'd get some pilots reporting
passing the airfield!  It amuses me gently!

Peter

*From:* "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
*To:* <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:50:55 +0100

If you'd flown Carlisle to Settle last Friday you would have met the Vulcan going the opposite way..
http://woodair.net