[jhb_airlines] Re: Next VFR Trip

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:22:33 +0100

I'm definitely not trying to put anyone off, quite the opposite. This one is a challenge ! Lots of places that must be avoided. Good identifiable turning points needed. The Manchester Low Level Corridor as one possibillity, etc. Also, I prefer to fly round the Lake District peaks, rather than over them; chicken! To do that, though I've got to avoid Heysham and Sellafield nuclear exclusion zones.

My route works out at 280 miles, with a dozen turning or check points. So in the TB21GT I'll need to fly a bit closer to it's listed cruise speed than I normally do. A Baron would be a good choice, too.

It looks like being an almost two hour trip.

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Just in case anyone still has an interest in planning for short notice trips, the Tarrot cards have just been used. My next one will be Bristol to Carlisle.