[jhb_airlines] Re: Next Problem

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:09:32 +0100

Mr Winskill

As Alex says, first you have to to a low-level format (FDisk!), or better still use one of the DISK MANAGER utils from the manufacturer's web site.

Then you do your Window's format.

Yours (humbly) <G>

Alastair

Mr Winskill wrote:
SWMBO having just returned from Douglas, with a new 80Gb hard drive, I'm trying to get it
going. Like much equipment, these days, the nearest thing to documentation is a
"made in Taiwan" sticker.
I've plugged it in, using the vacant IDE and power plugs from the earlier
setup. When re booted, several times, it doesn't appear uder My Computer.
Am I missing something obvious?

___________________________________ NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net