[jhb_airlines] Re: Next Problem

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:44:32 +0100

Mr Winskill,

It could be that it isn't formatted, or windows needs to be told it is a permanent drive.

I'd be worried it doesn't come with a manual as you would normally need to set the mobo jumpers.

There is a very good tut here on installing IDE drives: http://www.pcmech.com/show/harddrive/43/

Hope that helps a little.

Alex

Mr Winskill wrote:
SWMBO having just returned from Douglas, with a new 80Gb hard drive, I'm trying to get it going. Like much equipment, these days, the nearest thing to documentation is a "made in Taiwan" sticker.
I've plugged it in, using the vacant IDE and power plugs from the earlier setup. When re booted, several times, it doesn't appear uder My Computer.
Am I missing something obvious?

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net