[jhb_airlines] Re: New Recruits

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:15 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

<chuckle>
I knew you'd rise to the challenge! Tuppenceha'penny for tea? Fwoa!

Ah wuz only telling oor wench last neet (hers at least a generation
younger'n me) when she brought in fish and chips costin' £2.85. "When I
wurra lad a bagachips cost thruppence until t't1958 spud famin when thi
went upta sixpnce oerneet and niver caam doon agen. Fish cost 10pnce and
cem straete outa t'sea anintert'chippy - that was when Ah lived in
White'aven, tha-nors".