[jhb_airlines] Re: New Partitions

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:54:01 +0100

Gerry

I think Frank is right about having to set your partitions from the boot CD. Before you can create new partitions D, E, etc you first have to shrink C since it currently occupies the whole physical disk. But you cannot shrink C while you are running the O/S from that drive/partition. Even Partition Magic will require that the partition resizing is performed before booting Windows - only the resizing instruction is given within Windows: the machine will require to restart in order to carry out the resizing before the O/S loads.

Mike L

Mr Winskill wrote:
That sounds a bit extreme.
I'm sure Partition Magic will do it but I don't fancy spending yet another £40
to get it!

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote :

___________________________________ NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net