[jhb_airlines] Re: New Partitions

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 02:21:40 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 30 September 2006 17:53
To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: New Partitions

I have generally preferred to partition large hard disks -

- defragging a smaller partition is quicker
- I prefer to have the O/S on its own separate partition for security,
apps on a second, data on a third - backing up is easier
- putting the swap file on a separate partition can help speed things up
a little

But all a matter of personal choice.

Mike L