[jhb_airlines] Re: New PC

  • From: Denis Ripley <dripley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:59:57 -0600

Have you tried the Help section under Computer Management and search under "partitioning". There is a lot about the subject there.

Denis

*From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
*To:* "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:38:21 +0100

The new PC, replacement for this one, arrived at lunch time.
I started with a clanger, by squashing it into the remaining space
next to the other two. Then, when I came to boot up, needed the 25
digit Windows XP code.....which, naturally, was stuck to the back
of the machine. So, everything disconnected and machine pulled, so
I could read the code, etc, etc.

Anyway, with it finally running, I decided to partition the two
SATA drives, before copying material from this one, that I'd
already copied to my external LaCie SATA drive.
Only, I can't. When I opt for Manage, then Disk Management, it
tells me I'm not authorised to access it.

I knew this wasn't going to be painless. Fortunately it's only a
couple of minutes work to reinstate the wiring to this, old,
workhorse, so that I can send out a Mayday!