[jhb_airlines] Re: New PC

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 17:12:23 +0100

I was sure I'd done that in the past but the option doesn't seem to be there to add a partition. When I go to Computer Management, Disk Management, I get the two drives showing, C: and D:. When I right click over either of them the options are

Open
Explore
Mark Partition As Active
Change Drive Letter And Partition
Format
Delete Partition
Properties
Help

I was sure I'd previously used an option to Add A Partition; must be dreaming

Gerry Winskill

You should be able to do that in XP using the Admin Tools, Computer
Management.

http://woodair.net

*From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
*To:* "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:38:21 +0100

The new PC, replacement for this one, arrived at lunch time.
I started with a clanger, by squashing it into the remaining space
next to the other two. Then, when I came to boot up, needed the 25
digit Windows XP code.....which, naturally, was stuck to the back
of the machine. So, everything disconnected and machine pulled, so
I could read the code, etc, etc.

Anyway, with it finally running, I decided to partition the two
SATA drives, before copying material from this one, that I'd
already copied to my external LaCie SATA drive.
Only, I can't. When I opt for Manage, then Disk Management, it
tells me I'm not authorised to access it.

I knew this wasn't going to be painless. Fortunately it's only a
couple of minutes work to reinstate the wiring to this, old,
workhorse, so that I can send out a Mayday!