[jhb_airlines] New PC

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:38:21 +0100

The new PC, replacement for this one, arrived at lunch time.
I started with a clanger, by squashing it into the remaining space next to the other two. Then, when I came to boot up, needed the 25 digit Windows XP code.....which, naturally, was stuck to the back of the machine. So, everything disconnected and machine pulled, so I could read the code, etc, etc.

Anyway, with it finally running, I decided to partition the two SATA drives, before copying material from this one, that I'd already copied to my external LaCie SATA drive. Only, I can't. When I opt for Manage, then Disk Management, it tells me I'm not authorised to access it.

I knew this wasn't going to be painless. Fortunately it's only a couple of minutes work to reinstate the wiring to this, old, workhorse, so that I can send out a Mayday!