[jhb_airlines] Re: New Fields

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:49:55 +0100

Things have changed in FS2004. It's a lot harder to make aircraft now with
interaction between panel and MDL files so solo designers have mostly gone,
with a few exceptions. It really is a team effort to make a good aircraft
now - and expectation is higher because there indeed are a lot of good
aircraft around.

Scenery is much the same with users having to get to grips with GMax and XML
rather than play with Airport or FSSC. AFCAD's are the easy way out. For the
majority of users trying to contribute without having to learn a lot of hard
stuff I think AFCAD's and repaints are about the limit.

Says he, just about to tackle yet another repaint.. <g>