[jhb_airlines] New Fields

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:16:53 +0100

It may be "better to travel hopefully than to arrive" but I like to have both cake and halfpenny. Arrival is much pleasanter if it's to a field that isn't defiled by the presence of the Default scenery. Over the last couple of days I've made four Falcon flights: Woodford to Strasbourg. Strasbourg to Leeds. Leeds to Mulhouse and Mulhouse to Stansted.
Object of the exercise was to look at two of the recently dowloaded package of four French airfields. Still got to look at Nice and Clermont but the first two are excellent. Definitely the equal of those for which I've had to part with real money.
They are available via the Avsim download AIRPAKFR.zip.

BTW, although I initially tried to disable it, I get a daily bulletin on the new AVSIM files, available for download. Just a personal opinion that, in contrast to earlier versions of FSim, FS9 third party offerings are disappointing, being mainly repaints and AI. I wonder why? Of the scenery offerings most are just AFCADs, with only a small minority producing decent scenery, of the type I mentioned above.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx